Sunday, September 14, 2008

Well worth the wait.....






And I will say, also the mini-van. These two little girls are so precious to me that I can't even begin to describe how I feel!!! They are truly magical and add such a precious light to my eyes! Ciara is my little peanut with a loud cry! She has a tendency to wake more often than her counterpart. Irelyn is laid back and sleeps a lot. They are not identical but even for me it's hard to tell who is who sometimes. In pictures it is a lot easier - Ciara has a sweetheart shaped faced and Irelyn's face is more round. But if someone is to hand me just one of them, I sometimes get them mixed up!! Not to worry, I did leave on Irelyn's foot tag from the hospital with her "Baby B" on it.

Lydia and Raya are being absolutely perfect with them. They both have a huge interest in caring for them and holding them. We are not seeing the huge meltdowns that we anticipated.

Sleep is tough but that is the life of a newborn. They generally feed about 1/2 hour apart which works for me. I need an arm free in case a 2 1/2 year old comes running towards me to jump on my lap!! At night I am trying to take on their care myself, but Matt is a trouper in getting up whenever I need him, even if it's to change a diaper while I finish nursing the other one.

We are enjoying Ciara and Irelyn tremendously! There is nothing in this world like a newborn baby to cuddle with! I am so proud of myself for carrying them as long as I did - 36 weeks and 3 days. They never had to go to the special care nursery or the NICU. They stayed with us in our room! That was so great!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations! They are absolutely beautiful!

maritza said...

hi jodi,

congratulations to you and your husband! this is wonderful news and your baby girls are absolutely perfect...so beautiful!

oh, i'm sorry, i'm donna's sister-in-law...steven's sister, maritza...i also am having twins but i have a few more months to go! (having 2 boys!)

well, take care, and again, congratulations!
-maritza